Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Getting Arrested... The Beginning



I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.  I'll assume that if you're reading this you've already received a DUI and want to know what to expect AFTER the deed is done, not before.

I got pulled over in the City of Scottsdale in April 2013.  I was asked if I had been drinking. Although I'd had a good amount of wine, I denied any drinking or drug use.  The officer asked me to step out of the vehicle.  I then proceed with the field sobriety test.  When it came time to take a Breathalyzer, I refused (I'd heard that this is what you should do if you've had anything to drink at all).  The officer immediately arrested me and put me in the back of the patrol car.  From there I watched them go through my car- the trunk, probably glove compartment, so on and so forth. Good thing I hid the bodies before getting pulled over.

Just kidding.

Anywho- so they drove me to the police station where they searched me and had me take a blood test.  However, they weren't able to find a good vein- so they quickly wheeled me over to the hospital (a 2 minute drive), where the technician drew my blood.  We then traveled back to the police station where they took my photo, fingerprints, and had me answer some questions.  I waited in a cell for a little while, and they eventually lead me out the backdoor where my husband was waiting.

I then proceeded to cry like an infant for the next 2 hours.

The whole police station process took about 2 and a half hours.  I left not knowing what my BAC was, but having a court date and some info about finding out my BAC.  Court was scheduled for just over two weeks down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment