Monday, June 17, 2013

Alcohol Screening

I was required by the court to attend an alcohol screening.  This took just over an hour.  While at court I had to choose which counseling organization I would go through for this, I had 3 options.  I decided to go with Sage Counseling Services- as they had several locations and one was very close to my house.  This ended up being a wise choice, as my license got suspended by the MVD and I had to ride my bike to my screening.

The screening was in an office with a Sage counselor.  He was an older man and was very nice.  I had to fill out a questionnaire that asked "True" or "Not True" statements. The statements would be something like, "I have had arguments with my family about my drinking," and "Crying never helps anything."  There were about 50 statements. Then on the reverse side  they asked questions specifically about alcohol and drug use.  The counselor asked me several questions as well.  I told him that I only drink on special occasions, about once a month.  I told him that I had used marijuana in the past, but hadn't since college.  He ended up giving me the minimum amount of hours for classes- which is 16.  I was scheduled to take these classes about 5 weeks down the line.  I was able to choose the weekend and location that I wanted.

All in all it was painless.  Obviously, if you're a big drinker or drug user then you will have to take more classes.  So- you can put two and two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment